Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Yarn Along


So the legwarmers are almost done! Just a few more rows, weaving in those loose ends and then I will have cozy warm legs this winter. I want to try making the next pair on my knitting machine, flat knit and sewn.

Now to find my next project - not sure about that yet! Perhaps mittens or wrist warmers will be next? I need to take another trip to Michael's this weekend. I am also working on some handspun at the moment, but it will be a while before I have it ready for a knitting project.

In the future I might include spinning projects for Yarn Along Wednesdays. I do more spinning than any other fibre arts and I'm really excited about my new adventures in wool dyeing!!!

The cooler weather had me feeling all cozy and happily nostalgic so I got out my Little House books. I don't think I am going to go through the whole series right now (or maybe I will - who knows), I've read them so many times, but I was really in the mood for these lovely pioneer tales - I love them utterly and completely!

What have you been reading and knitting?




3 comments:

momto5 said...

those leg warmers are awesome! what great color combination you have going.
:)

Mackenzie said...

I love those colors! I've been making my kids leg warmers for this fall...I'm finally finished and I can make myself some! I found you through the link up, I'm sharing toddler leg warmers and my mama scarf this week. Happy knitting!

kathy said...

thanks! it was nice working on something so quick and easy. i will make more in the future for sure. maybe i will have to make some for the tinier peoples that i know :)