Sunday, September 23, 2012

Gratitude Sunday

Today I'm joining Taryn at  Wooly Moss Roots for Gratitude Sunday.
{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes.} 

Throughout this week I have felt gratitude for;

~ The lovely cool weather and the slowly changing colours around us. The soybean field has changed from green to yellow in the past two weeks and soon it will be harvested.

~ With the cooler weather -  it finally feels GOOD to spend extra time in the kitchen and many yummy treats were the result of this.

~ Willow asking to help bake treats. She loves making the food even more than the eating of it, I think!

~ Cool mornings spent  drinking coffee and reading books, knitting and spinning wool.

~ Saturdays spent browsing the book store with Josi and treating ourselves at the coffee shop. I think that is becoming our Saturday ritual.

~ Finding a section of the bookstore that I had never noticed before full of books about computer game art. Niki loved it, and now I can help feed his interest!

~ An afternoon at The Royale Medieval Faire. Always a fun day, I look forward to it every year!

~ Getting out the paints for Willow. All three of my children love art!

~ Finding some great homeschool activities for Niki. He loves getting together with the other kids. This fall he is taking a class in graffiti art and another one in outdoor survival. Fun!

~ I am very, very grateful for our homeschool community.

~ And Finally, FINALLY taking the time to meditate again. I forgot how much it calms my fears. I am looking forward to doing it daily.


Gratitude Sunday

1 comment:

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

Hi Kathy,
Great list!

Spinning, knitting, homeschooling community, creative kids.... so many good things. :)

Love, Taryn