Monday, November 27, 2006

Smithville Christmas Parade

Hmmm, for some reason, I can't pick the order of my pictures! I switched to beta blogger and now it takes longer to upload pictures and they are out of sequence.

These are pictures from the Smithville Christmas Parade. We went to the Hamilton parade last weekend, but there is something missing there, something you can only find at a small town parade. It was a blast!


Livestock! Always lots of livestock at a small town parade. These sheep needed extra coaxing to convince them that being in the parade was their glorious moment in the spotlight. Yes, that is a grave yard across the road, We chose a spot across the road from a cemetary. Merry Christmas!



This picture would have been the last. Willow fell asleep close to the end of the parade. She's still clutching her candy canes.



This would have been the first picture. Smithville's Christmas parade always begins with the old milk truck giving away free hot chocolate. What big city parade does that? We always love that part of the parade. Even this year in the 15C sunshine!


I had no idea that this was Smithville's WORLD FAMOUS grapple manufacturer. I didn't even know there WAS a world famous grapple manufacturer! Cool!


Yes, I admit it. I live in a community that features a Poultry Festival. But don't go a-knockin' the poultryfest til ya bin der!

No comments: