Monday, October 16, 2006

Yum!!! Apple Fritters!!!

 
 

This is a staple of the Ball's Falls Thanksgiving Weekend Festival. Hot apple fritters deep fried right there in a big old cast iron cauldron and dusted with confection sugar, ooooooooh that's goooood! I like how the girls making the fritters are dressed in pioneer dresses and the boys in denim overalls, cute!

Niki and I are presenting the sign, yes we are very silly people, lol! oh well! Peter is gallantly braving the mega huge line to get us those hot tasty treats. I swear I go to this festival for the apple fritters and to see the fiddlers 3. I just seem to coincidently get to the festival in time to see the fiddlers every year, even though I haven't checked the festival schedule. Just my luck because I love watching this group, they seem to enjoy what they do.

Other great things about this festival;

- the gourmet food tent with lots of samples, yum!

- the arts and crafts vendors

- the historic buildings including a working grist mill

- the beautiful mature maple trees in all their autumn glory Posted by Picasa

No comments: