Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Reading and Knitting - The Perfect Thing for a Gloomy Day






I`m joining Ginny

I started working on this sweater for our dog in the fall but then work and family and holidays consumed me in a swirl of activity and I haven't picked up a set of needles until this week. Beans is a miniature dachshund and it is impossible to find clothes that fit her. But she has really short fur and a sweater would be so useful! She really loves to be warm and snug. With the exception of the hottest summer weather she spends her days and her nights sleeping under piles of blankets. I just need to piece the sweater together, sew, and do some work around the leg openings and it will be all done. I bought the pattern from an Etsy artist - I can't wait to take some photos of Beans in her new sweater.

In the summer and fall, I usually want to read fantasy like Tolkein or Lewis or Rowling, but in winter I love science and science fiction!!! My mother loaned me this book, The Robot Novels by Isaac Asimov at least 10 years ago! I can't believe it took me so long to get around to reading it. I LOVE it! R. Daneel is my new favorite robot! Seriously, I have favorite robots - I keep a separate blog for my nerdiness, but it may ooze over here occasionally. I've already ordered the next book in the series and I just might be reading about Asimov's world of C/Fe culture (humans and robots - humans being Carbon based and robots being Iron based) for the rest of the winter!

And with all this gray gloomy weather, snuggling up with a weiner dog and a good book or some knitting seems like the most perfect way to spend a morning (or an afternoon, or an evening!)

I would love to hear about what you have on your bookshelf and on your knitting needles!





No comments: