Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fun weekend . . . . so far.

Not that I don't expect it to continue being fun. It's just that the weekend isn't done yet. The best part is still ahead of us.

Again, there are no pictures to prove it. You'll have to take my word for it. Yesterday we went to the Ball's Falls Thanksgiving Weekend Arts and Crafts Festival. As usual we got there very late and didn't get to look around at a leisurely pace. We did the speed tour. That's where you walk quickly and try to take it all in.

I missed The Fiddlers 3 http://www.fiddlers3.com/index1.html for the first time in years. I'm so sad about that, wah! They are a family group of celtic musicians. ah well, maybe next year, sigh.

But we certainly didn't skip the FOOD! We had roasted corn on the cob, french fries, almond bark and apple fritters. Mmmmmmmmm, fatty foods sooooooooo gooooood!

Today I was vending at St Jacob's Sunday market. I thought it might be a profitable day being a holiday weekend, but sales were slow. I did get a chance to knit a cute little hat for Willow with all that time sitting there not selling anything, lol. It's nice to accomplish something with my time. I zipped inside the market and bought a set of bamboo double pointed knitting needles so I could finish the hat - I only brought my circular needle.

While I was in there I indulged in a double shot of espresso, ooooooh it was nice! Haha, it was almost worth the trip to St Jacob's just for that. We want to get a GOOD espresso maker. We have a cheapo machine and it just never turns out very tasty. <----(understatement)

I'm beginning to feel like part of the market family. My van was being a bit weird this morning and I had multiple offers of help from fellow vendors. Very nice! Another example of the kindness was from my neighbor. Today I was beside the Pita booth (best pitas in town! I often buy my lunch there) and one of the lovely ladies there brought me a beautiful cup of fresh squeezed lemonade. Isn't that sweet?

I'm not sure how many market days are left for me this year. Fall is slowing sales. I may not go back until next spring. We'll just have to wait and see.


I hope to post again tomorrow or sometime next week to finish my report on the weekend. Tomorrow is not only Thanksgiving, but it is my baby's birthday!!!!!! Willow is turning 4 years old. So there will be much wrapping tonight and in the morning we are baking a cake! Yay!!! Oh I can't wait!!!

No comments: