Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Aha, got some pictures of the big kids!





Okay, I had to go back a couple of months to get pictures of them, where they are not just a distant blur zipping by. I caught them on a quiet afternoon, reading and sketching.

Well, as usual we have been so busy the past week or two. The weekend before last we got to see the battle re enactment at Battlefield Park in Stoney Creek. We had a great time even though it was quite rainy. Niki is very interested in historic battles ever since he started playing games like Age of Empires, and Age of Mythology. Even though he has Sensory Issues, especially auditory issues, he still put up with the cannons and gunfire (with his fingers jammed way into his ears of course) so he could watch the re enactment.

After the battle we visited with Bill and Rhonda and their kids at their camp. They participate in 1812 re enactment in full costume. It looks like so much fun and I would really like to get involve with both the 1812 and the SCA re enactments some day.

The next day we went to Buskerfest in Dundas. What a great festival! We visited my friend Hillie Baker who is the woman who gave me my start in spinning and sheep farming. She is a very talented spinner and weaver and artist. I will add a link to her site. Her store is goregeous and colourful. If you are ever in the area I recommmend that you check it out. She and her partner were out on the street painting. They also had an easel set out for children to paint a picture.

While we were there we caught one of the buskeres acts. It was a group called The Walkries. They were wonderful. Three Xena-like-goddess-women-warriors performing acrobatics with fire and swords. Very, very cool!

This week I continued adding to my HUGE veggy garden. I now have almost 50 tomato plants (whatever will I do with so many tomatoes?!?!) carrots, sweet onions, eggplant, red cabbage, kidney beans, green beans, cucumbers and zuchini. Peter planted a whole acre of pumpkins this year as well! Should be beautiful by the end of august around here!

I took Josi and Niki to see the last X men movie last Sunday. It was pretty good, but I won't give away anything. Lots of surprises! Angel was really cool with his big feathery wings! Where was Night Crawler? He is one of my favorites!?

This week my big plan is to try and shear my sheep. I'm a little scared of the ram, he is getting so big, but they have a year and a half of fleece on them and it's got to go! I'll post pictures if I can.

Enough for now!

Hope everyone has a great week! Posted by Picasa

No comments: