Friday, February 17, 2006

Winter Olympics!

I love Winter Olypics. To me it is far more interesting then the summer games. Winter games have an infinitely higher level of crazy to them. Look at the event called "Skeleton". Can you imagine anything crazier than flying head first down an icy slop at about 100-125 km per hour? Nuts! I love it! I also love snowboarding and freestyle skiing. It's so much fun to watch.

This morning before the kids went off to school we watched the women's snowboarding and saw Canada get a bronze for that event. My son Niki is now sure he wants to be a snowboarder in the olympics someday. So far the closest we've come to snowboarding is to stand on our tobogans. And I'm actually pretty proud of my boarding/toboganning. I am proud that I somehow managed to avoid breaking my leg. Huzzah!

My daughter Josi is enjoying the Olympics too which is amazing since she despises most sports. She is enjoying figure skating. Even figure skating seems a bit crazy to me. Maybe not in that life threatening craziness of luge, but to me figure skating would be the same if they had ballroom dancing in the summer games. It's just odd, lol!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy,
Niki can come visit us in the winter and we'll taking snowboarding for real!!!
-Brig