Friday, January 27, 2006

Hand painted and hand spun!

I made these handspun skeins for my friend Leslie Comfort of Comfort Farms. She is a super nice lady who happens to own over 30 alpacas. And what a sweet bunch they are!!! Leslie is working on creating a sales venue for her alpaca yarns. Some of them will be handspun. And I'm hoping I can help her out with this!

These skeins are made from one ply of gray alpaca and one ply of handpainted mohair. This was my first attempt and haindpainting fibre so I think there was a bit too much dark blue. I was hoping for a more variegated dark blue - light blue - purple yarn, but I think it still turned out pretty nice. I also had enough alpaca left to make one skein of 2 ply alpaca. And it is just soooooooooooo soft!!!!!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: